Blaine County Attorney
Kelsie W. Harwood, Blaine County Attorney, is an elected official who serves as both the public prosecutor for the State of Montana and as the legal adviser for all county officials within Blaine County. The Blaine County Attorney’s Office has one Deputy County Attorney.
The Blaine County Attorney’s Office serves the public interest by representing Blaine County and the State of Montana in:
- Prosecuting felonies in District Court
- Prosecuting misdemeanors in Justice Court
- Prosecuting traffic offenses in Justice Court
- Prosecuting juvenile crimes in Youth Court
- Representing the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services in District Court cases for the protection of child welfare
- Handling petitions for involuntary mental commitments
- Acting as special prosecutor for other counties
- Obtaining investigative subpoenas for the investigation of probable criminal offenses
- Advising the Board of County Commissioners
- Advising County offices and departments
The Blaine County Attorney’s Office does not:
- Provide legal advice to private citizens
- Prosecute misdemeanor offenses that occur within the City of Chinook
- Handle child support collection. Child support matters are handled by private attorneys or by the Child Support Enforcement Office at 406-444-9855 or the State of Montana Child Support Enforcement Division
Kelsie W. Harwood
Deputy County Attorney
420 Ohio St.
Chinook, Montana 59523
P.O. Box 1567
Chinook, MT 59523
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.